Wednesday 30 May 2012

Glitzy Glass - Fused Glass Jewellery Workshop

With a record turn around of just 4 days (due to the Jubilee bank holiday festivities next week), I have fired, finished and glue over 80 pieces of fused glass which my 10 lovely students made on Saturday 26th May at The Beetroot Tree Gallery.

A workshop designed to make wearable art using Bullseye glass, Metal inclusions and the amazing Dichroic... Everyone loves sparkle!

As usual, I started off with pre cut clear glass which everyone added coloured elements and sandwiched metal inclusions.....

In my portable kiln - fired within an hour of starting the worksho

All fused - opened the kiln after lunch for everyone to see

So after a very productive day I headed back to my studio to load my larger kiln with the following!

Loaded and ready to go! Look at all the colours!
Fired - I just love how much things change!

For more photos of the finished pieces, take a look at Stevie's facebook album and feel free to comment, link and share!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great to know what you think!

Examples of Stevie's Kiln Fused Glass work